In 1973, Billy Graham held his largest crusade ever in Seoul, Korea, preaching to an estimated 3.2 million people over 5 days, propelling South Korea into an era of explosive evangelical growth. It was considered a key milestone in the history of the Korean church. The church there would develop into a missionary-sending body and gain a reputation for fervent and persistent prayer.
Now 49 years later, almost to the day, the World School of Prayer in Korea is sending 200 intercessors to the United States to serve the Church here and to pray alongside with her for another great awakening.
The plan is to send 20 teams of 10 intercessors each to various cities around the USA. Many of the cities are sites of powerful past revivals in our country. Cities like Los Angeles, Chicago, and Charlotte, North Carolina.
Over 5 days, from June 1 - June 5 (Wednesday through Sunday), the Korean team will partner with local churches in prayer for spiritual awakening and transformation in our nation.
PRAY WITH US AT A REGIONAL CONCERT OF PRAYER.
From Wednesday June 1st to Saturday June 4th, the Korean team will partner each evening with a local church in a different quadrant of the city. Starting at 7PM, join with churches in that region to pray for their city and for revival.
• June 1st 7PM - Resurrection Church (Northeast quadrant)
• June 2nd 7PM - Victory Christian Center (S. West quadrant)
• June 3rd 7PM - Revive Church (Northwest quadrant)
• June 4th 7PM - Mission Community Church (S. East quadrant)
You can go any night at any location, but feel free to go to the church location closest to your home area. They will have similar general programs each night, but with some local variation as the Spirit leads.
PRAY AS ONE CHURCH ON PENTECOST SUNDAY.
On June 5th, Pentecost Sunday in the evening, plan to join believers from all over the city, across denominations, across ethnic and socio-economic lines, coming together as one to celebrate God's goodness and to cry to Him for revival with one voice.
Could there ever be a more significant moment for the Church in Charlotte to join together in prayer than on this Pentecost Sunday?
LOCATION: Vizion Church
(In the central area of Charlotte)
TIME: 7PM - 9:30PM
PRAY ON YOUR OWN OR IN SMALL GROUPS..
Even if you can't make it out to any of the evening gatherings, you can make a key difference. YOU CAN PRAY.
So, choose to set aside time to pray on your own for a softening of the heart of the people. Pray for God to turn hearts back to Him. Pray for God to pour out His Spirit in a fresh and tangible way upon our city again!
If you'd like to pray in smaller groups, you can also visit Resurrection Church in the morning at 9AM on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday (June 2 - 4). Join with the Korean team and others to spend time in God's presence.
90 minute Special on 5/29/22, Billy Graham center live-streamed
GET THE WORD OUT.
If you are excited about what God is doing for our city and our nation, then first of all, begin to pray into it.
Then, share about it to your friends at church, in your neighborhood, and on social media.
Let the word get out that whole church - the one Church - is getting together to seek revival once again!
Finally, plan to go - and maybe bring a friend - to the various events of this Pentecost week. Plan to pray and encounter God with the church in Charlotte!
FOR MORE INFO,
Reach out to Resurrection Church (the official host church of the Korean team in Charlotte) at 704-377-6575. You can also send questions to Walton Yuen at email@example.com or call 512-554-7979.
Korean Prayer Teams in America?
The World School of Prayer in South Korea has partners from over 100 countries around the world. The heart of its Prayer Revival endeavor in 2022 was to send out 200 Korean intercessors to the USA, with each of the 20 teams of 10 people going to one of 20 cities here.
Why did they do this?
Many Christians in South Korea have looked to America as a spiritual mother that has blessed them time and again over the years in so many ways. Now, as they have seen a growing darkness and lethargy taking hold in the American church, they've longed to give back and somehow bless our nation.
They know that prayer is one of the best gifts they can give and serve the American church with. And so that is the impetus for the Prayer Teams being sent here during Pentecost week.
20+ Cities Across the USA
The cities were chosen for a number of reasons. One reason was that there were churches or ministries with a burning heart for revival. Another reason might be that the city is significant for our nation, like Washington D. C. for example. But another considered reason is that the city or state had a history of revival wells flowing freely in its past.
For example, Los Angeles had the Asuza Street Revival in the early 1900's. Chicago had the powerful work of D. L. Moody. And the Carolinas - both North and South - also have seen mighty outpourings of the Holy Spirit. In fact, during the 2nd Great Awakening in America, even though it ignited in Kentucky, it's been said that no other region had more revivals bursting forth than in the Carolinas.
Please pray for what God will do. Here is a map of the cities.
1. Asheboro, NC - Boyd Byerly (Sunset Avenue Church/Pastor's Network)
2. Azusa Street Prayer Center - Sean O'Neal (CA Church of God)
3. Banghor, ME - Jason Bailey (Glad Tidings)
4. Cartersville, GA - David Franklin and James Black (Bartow Baptist Association)
5. Charlotte, NC - Billy Miller (Resurrection Lutheran)
6. Charleston , SC - Stafford Floyd (International COG)
7. Chicago, IL - Arnie Klemm (City Initiative - Location to be decided)
8. Cleveland, TN - Dr. Tim Hill (Church of God Hdqrts/Other Locations)
9. Dallas, TX - Lewis Hogan (Pray Dallas)
10. Delbarton, WV - Mitch Bias (Regional Church - Area Churches)
11. Detroit, MI - Fred and Melody Nichols (Harvest Intl. - Muslim Ministry)
12. Greenville/Pelzer, SC Ray Boggs - (IPHC Upper SC District)
13. Hickory/Newton, NC - Mark Ivey (Christ Alive Fellowship)
14. Houlton, ME - Randall Burns (Military Street Baptist - Church on the Hill
15. Lexington, KY - Mitchell Tolle/Steve Pearson (Man 'o War & Church of the Savior)
16. Miami, FL - David Vega (Mission Miami)
17. Newport News, VA - Russell Evenson (World Outreach Center)
18. Phoenix, AZ - Saeed Housini, Tommy Barnett (1st Assembly Prayer Pavilion)
19. Tulsa, OK -Dr. Billy Wilson (Oral Roberts University Prayer Tower)
20. Washington, DC - Mark Pritchett and Pat Chen (American Christian Trust Foundation/Across from the Israeli Embassy)
21. Washington State (Bellingham) - Jason Hubbard (International Prayer Council)
11 Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. 12 In a loud voice they were saying: “Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!” 13 Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, saying: “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!”
© 2019 Think Revival Inc.